Developing Emotional Support
Early Childhood Education
Emotional Support assesses the degree to which teachers establish and promote a
positive climate in their classroom through their everyday interactions.
We will exhibit a variety of scenarios and methods that fosters developing
We will identify and demonstrate the differences between
positive and negative climates.
Methods will be introduced to set the overall positive
tone of the classroom.
- Increase knowledge of participants understanding of positive/negative
climates and positive overall tone of the classroom.
- To ensure participants understanding the importance of sensitivity as it relates the level of awareness and responsiveness to students, academic,
social and emotional needs.
- Discuss and exhibit activities that are inclusive of children’s perspectives,
motives and points of view.
- Expose participants to new emotional support ideas and concepts
- Participants will be able to identify positive and negative climates and have a plan to set and overall positive tone in the classroom.
- Participants will understand the importance of sensitivity as it relates the
level of awareness and responsiveness to students, academic, social and emotional needs.
- Participants will be able to make a plan that is inclusive of children’s
perspectives, interest, motivations and points of view.
- Participants will be able to identify and design a musical playlist that gives
emotional support as well as foster social emotional development.
To support each child’s learning, using various strategies including experimentation,
observation, play and exploration.
Ensuring opportunities for creative expression through music, movement and
Promoting interaction and language use between children and adults.